Travis and I are heading to Gdansk, Poland soon, so I’m working on booking our hotels for free. The nice thing about traveling to places like Poland is that you can find 4* hotels for less than $50 a night, so we’re going to take advantage of Orbitz Best Rate Guarantee program, making our hotel room free, and possible making a little money on the deal.
Here’s everything you need to know about Orbitz’s program:
If you aren’t already an Orbitz Rewards member, you should be. Follow this link to join: https://www.orbitz.com/user/createaccount?fromheader=true
As a member, if you find a cheaper rate for your hotel room within 48 hours before check-in, Orbitz will refund the difference PLUS give you $50 in bonus Orbucks to use towards future travel. So if you can find a hotel that you like for 50 bucks or less, you’re in business. Just make sure you’re logged into your account whilst making the booking or else you will only be refunded the price difference.
Here are the details:
- The lower rate has to be found on another US-based website and be in US dollars
- The bookings must be exact – same room type, refund policy, same dates
- You have until 11:59 pm Pacific time 2 days before your scheduled check-in date to find a cheaper rate
- Orbucks will be added to your account 3-4 weeks AFTER your stay (No, you won’t get Orbucks for an approved claim if you cancel your booking.)
- One set of $50 in Orbucks per entire booking
- Three sets of $50 in Orbucks per customer per calendar month
- Orbucks are valid for 365 days
As always, make sure you book a cancelable rate in case your application is rejected. You can find an Orbitz application by following this link: https://www.orbitz.com/p/info-other/best_price_guarantee.htm
Submitting a Best Rate Guarantee claim form works nicely when you are traveling to a place with hotels less than $50 (or very close to $50) a night. I would not do this for hotels that cost more than $50 though because I’m too cheap.