Travis and I do most of our shopping at Asda for geographical reasons. If you shop at Asda often or once and a while, read on if you’re interested in saving money!
Asda’s Price Guarantee promises that the cost of their items are 10% cheaper than the advertised cost for the same or comparable items offered by their competitors (Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons, or Waitrose) or they will give you the difference in the form of a voucher for your future shopping.
How do I cash in on this deal?
- Start by doing some shopping at Asda.
- You must purchase at least 8 different items during one shop.
- Purchasing any number of different “Reduced Priced” items will not count towards your 8 items. This registers as 1 item.
- Hold onto your receipt!
- Go home, and create an Asda Grocery Home Shopping account if you don’t already have one.
- Then go to this site: https://www.asdapriceguarantee.co.uk/
- If you try to find your receipt as soon as you get home, the computer system will not find it. You have to wait at least 3 hours after leaving the store, but you cannot wait longer than 28 days.
- The TC# is stream of numbers located above the barcode at the bottom of the receipt. It’s length varies.
- Enter the TC# into the box.
4. Next, a search will be run to compare the items you purchased with the 4 competitors. the next screen will look something like this:
5. Next, click “Get Voucher.”
6. Click “Print Voucher.”
7. Staple your voucher to your receipt. You’ll need both in order to use the voucher in store.
Before you go around picking up every Asda receipt blowing in the wind, know that if the receipt you found is associated with someone else’s debit card, I’ve heard you can get yourself into a bit of trouble. But if the receipt you found has at least 8 different items and the consumer paid in cash, there’s nothing stopping you from taking the receipt home and seeing if you can get some vouchers!
Asda’s Best Price Guarantee has worked well to give us a little back with each shop. So much so that if we are only buying 7 items, I’ll be sure to add one more thing as long as it’s something we’ll use eventually.