I’ll admit it; I get really excited when there are offers out there to get points at a slick rate. This offer is no exception.
The Sunday Times Travel Magazine must have a brilliant marketing team. They’ve teamed up with British Airways to offer 4,500 Avios points when you sign-up for a 12-month subscription to their magazine which costs £30. At 0.66p a point, I’m subscribing.
Here’s how to do it:
- You have to be a member at British Airways. You need your membership ID number so that the points go to you. If you aren’t one already, go to British Airways and click on “Register now” at the top right of the screen.
- Go to The Sunday Times Travel site, and click on “Subscribe Now.”
- In the Promotion Code slot, enter STTM0916 and click submit.
Your offer should look like this: (If it doesn’t try hand-typing the code.)
- For subscriptions mailed in the U.K., the cost is £30 for the year long subscription.
But if you reside in the U.S. and wanted the magazine sent to your home, it’s £49. I would only do this if I genuinely wanted a subscription to this magazine. Instead, you might consider filling in the “For someone else” box, which brings the price back down to £30. If you need an address in the U.K., just google one. There are McDonalds everywhere.
- When you check out, just be sure to input your Avios number without any errors. Your points will be in your account in 28 days!
I needed to top-up my Avios for my favorite use of British Airways points, which I outline in this post, so I definitely took advantage of this offer.